It’s okay to admit it:
You dream of shedding pounds for your body shape to boost your confidence.
But deep down, you know it’s really difficult to stay motivated long enough to actually accomplish the goal.
So how can you avoid to become one of the millions of people who fall off the weight loss wagon?
According to studies, you should join a weight loss challenge among friends, family or colleagues.
Research Show Friends and Family Can Help You Lose Weight
University of Illinois conducted a study on 23 women, and found that receiving social support and being accountable to another person played vital role in motivating participants to lose weight and keep it off during a weight-loss program.
According to American Psychological Association and U.S. National Library of Medicine:
- A group approach helps to achieve weight loss goal because it’s easier to stick with a weight loss plan when you can share tips on diet and have an exercise buddy.
- One study on 633 adults show friend and coworker support for healthy eating and family support for physical activity can help to improve weight management.
- Getting social support of having family members or friends who are supportive of your weight loss effort can make a big difference for your long-term success in losing weight.
Consider joining a weight loss challenge together with like-minded friends and family members, share healthy meals for each other, exercise and lose weight together.
Weight Loss Challenge with Friends / Coworkers / Family
Need ideas on how to start a weight loss challenge with friends and family, or struggle to outline the rules of team-based weight loss contest?
Get inspiration from the video below, in which Greg Topple shared the success story of his weight loss challenge with friends in an interesting way, and all of them lost over 10% of their weight!
Weight loss study by Mayo Clinic discovered weight loss challenge participants who received cash incentives were more likely to stick with the weight loss program and lost more weight than participants who received no incentives. In this study:
- 26% of people in non-incentive groups met goal with mean weight loss of 2.34 pounds
- 62% of people in incentive groups met the goal with mean weight loss of 9.08 pounds
Another research published in the Journal of the American Medical Association revealed people who were given financial incentives to lose weight were 5 times more likely to meet their goals than those without cash motivation.
HealthyWage Weight Loss Challenge for Team and Individual
The Weight Loss Team Challenge program that Greg mentioned in video above is HealthyWage, an online platform that motivates groups or individuals to lose weight by letting them place a bet on their own weight loss goal.
Fox and Friends interviewed the participants of this innovative and popular weight loss program in video below:
To Join The HealthyWage Team Challenge:
1. Visit HealthyWage Website.
2. Sign up for the next Team Challenge, which is a 3-months weight loss contest that teams of 5 compete to win $10,000 cash prizes. The winning team is the one that loses the greatest percentage of weight during the competition.
3. Check out the latest contest entrance fee and details under the HealthyWage Team Challenge FAQs and Rules section.
You can also choose to sign up for HealthyWage Personal Challenge by referring to this guide.
The interview in CNN news below covers more details about the benefits of weight loss Team Challenge and Personal Challenge, the HealthyWage weight loss challenges with cash prizes, and more.
When trying to come up with the best weight loss challenge ideas, including key components such as Fun, Incentives (eg. prizes or money), and a community of like minded people can make the process of losing weight much easier and effective.
Established in 2009, HealthyWage designs and executes weight loss challenges and contents under sponsorship from government / corporate clients.
It is a popular weight loss program with well established platform that you can easily join to make a Personal Challenge, and/or join the Team Challenge together with your family, friends, and coworkers in workplace to have fun together!
Check out this video and see HealthyWage Weight Loss Winners on The Doctors, CNBC Today Show, Good Morning American and more.
Need more weight loss motivation?
Check out these inspiring weight loss success stories and you’ll start to shed pounds now!