HairMax Ultima LaserComb
Ease of Use8.0/10
- FDA cleared, clinically proven to treat hair loss for both women and men.
- 9 or 12 advanced medical grade laser modules, 8 - 11 minutes treatment time.
- Patented hair parting teeth allows laser beam to reach follicle, more effective compared to others.
- Safe, drug-free, no harmful side effects.
- Easy to use, convenient, lightweight, portable.
- 5 month money back guarantee, 2 year warranty.
- Price of hair growth laser device is higher than hair growth shampoo / pills.
- Product can be returned / refunded within 5 months guarantee, but 20% restocking fee applies.
It is okay to admit it:
Deep down, you have been repeatedly asking – “Why is my hair falling out?”
Hair fall and thinning hair are common problems we face today. The good news is, there is often a way to fix it.
Among the many hair growth solutions in the consumer market, one of them is Hairmax Ultima Laser Comb with advanced technology.
But, does it really work? What are the difference of Hairmax Ultima 12 and Ultima 9 Lasercomb?
HairMax LaserComb vs Hair Transplant Surgery Review
Nearly all men and most women who have inherited pattern baldness can be treated with hair transplantation surgery – a procedure that moves hair from an area unaffected by hair loss to an area of baldness or thinning.
- While hair transplant cost will depend largely on the amount of hair you’re moving, it generally ranges from $4,000 to $15,000.
- Insurance plans do not cover hair transplant cost, as it’s cosmetic and not medically mandatory.
- The risks of hair transplant include bleeding, inflammation, infection, scarring, and unnatural-looking new hair growth.
- It’s possible to suddenly lose some of the original hair in the area where you got the new strands, called shock loss. But most of the time, it’s not permanent.
HairMax LaserComb: OTC Medical Device For Hair Treatment
Compared to the expensive cost associated with hair transplant procedures by hair transplant doctors or plastic surgeons, there are over the counter hair growth solutions available in the market that deliver the desired results at a much cheaper cost.
While HairMax LaserComb is not for everyone because of its relatively higher price compared to other OTC solutions like shampoo or pills —
HairMax LaserComb series consists of handheld HairMax Ultima 12 LaserComb and HairMax Advanced 7 LaserComb, in which we will compare and elaborate the differences of these products vs the premium HairMax LaserBand 82 later in this review.
>> Check out Full Range of HairMax Laser Devices Product Series To Learn More
Hairmax Ultima Lasercomb Reviews: How Does It Help?
- Approved by the FDA, HairMax LaserComb offers a safe hair loss treatment option for men and women who cannot or may not want to undergo medical hair transplant surgery.
- Through the Photo Biostimulation process and low level laser light energy, HairMax stimulates hair follicles at a cellular level to promote hair growth, reverse thinning, extend your hair’s natural growth cycle and help your hair to grow fuller, denser, longer and stronger.
- Hairmax Ultima Lasercomb is a handheld unit which has been embedded with 12-grade medical grade lasers (No LEDs).
- HairMax Lasercomb uses its patented, soft hair parting teeth to part the hair to ensure light energy reaches follicle. The therapeutic light energy is delivered directly to hair follicles through medical-grade lasers to stimulate the hair follicles to help you regrow hair.
Watch the animation video below that illustrates how HairMax laser light treatment works to regrow hair.
HairMax Ultima Instructions Manual: How to Use
Every HairMax Ultima 12 and Ultima 9 comes with a power cord, rechargeable battery, quick start guide, and user manual.
This handheld lasercomb device is easy to use:
- Step 1: Place the laser comb flat on your scalp, making sure that both rows of teeth are touching your scalp.
- Step 2: Gently glide the laser comb over your scalp. Moving it about half a inch very 4 seconds without lifting the device off your head.
- Step 3: The Hairmax Ultimate 12 lasercomb will beep at 4 second intervals, to let you know when to move the device to the next area for treatment.
- Step 4: Move the laser comb slowly from the front of the scalp to the back of the head, and then repeat the process this time starting at one side of the head and combing through to the other side.
- Step 5: Repeat this treatment within the recommended 8 minutes of treatment for Ultima 12 (or 11 minutes for Ultima 9), 3 times a week.
Note: It is important to use the laser comb on a clean scalp, because any buildup of gels, sprays, or oils can block the light from reaching your scalp.
If you want more in-depth information, you can download the detailed HairMax Lasercomb manual here, and watch the demo video below that covers further details like charging of lasercomb, easy cleaning of this laser hair growth device, HairMax Lasercomb Ultima before and after pictures, etc.
Hairmax Ultima 12 vs 9: What Are The Differences?
Below is the comparison overview, with the latest model HairMax Ultima 12 is an upgrade compared to the previous old model HairMax Ultima 9. The key differences are:
- Quantity of laser modules: The latest HairMax Ultima has 12 medical grade lasers, which can cover ~33% more scalp area compared to the 9 lasers found in its predecessor Ultima 9.
- Treatment Time: Equipped with more integrated laser modules than its predecessor, Hairmax Ultima 12 requires 8 minutes, 3x per week of treatment time versus 11 minutes, 3x per week for LaserBand 41.
>> Check out Price Difference of Hairmax Ultima 12 vs 9 at HairMax official website here.
HairMax Ultima Lasercomb Reviews: Does It Work?
We’ve done independent research, with actual customer reviews and forum feedback on HairMax Ultima Laser Combs are generally positive.
Below are the key pros and cons of this FDA-cleared laser hair growth kit, for your reference.
What People Like:
Effective and Value For Money, with the HairMax Lasercomb helped address the users’ hair loss / thinning issues, at a significant lower cost compared to hair transplant surgery.
Safe and Drug-Free Treatment, as HairMax LaserComb offers hair loss remedy without possible complications of hair transplant surgery as outlined earlier.
Fast Treatment Time of 8 to 11 minutes, 3 times a week, with the user can use this medical laser device at home conveniently without time-consuming visits to the doctor.
Easy To Use, as the lasercombs are lightweight, with the users just need to gently glide the lasercomb on the head during self-treatment.
5 Months Money Back Guarantee by the manufacturer gives customer extra peace of mind.
Below are examples of actual user reviews and results of HairMax LaserBand 82 device:
Anniemick commented: “I am a 60 year old woman who has experienced hair loss across the top of my head due to menopause. I received the Hairmax LaserComb as a Christmas gift and within 4 months of using it, I was able to restore my hair loss with noticeable and amazing results! The results of the LaserComb allows me to maintain my much desired hair. I would recommend this product to anyone who is experiencing hair loss.”
Amelia1 said: “This product works! As a child, I remember my Aunt having extreme hair loss like a man. Then my mothers hair started thinning. Last year I saw the pattern beginning in me and decided to take action in January with an over the counter foam. Then I saw Hairmax and decided to buy it. I had been using the foam for three months when my Hairmax came. I stopped the foam and went just to Haimax. My hair has continued to grow in with the Hairmax comb so much that I can no longer see any scalp showing. My hair is restored to the same volume as when I was younger. I am in my fifties.”
What People Do Not Like:
Some people find the price is expensive when compare to other OTC options like hair loss shampoo and pills, as the HairMax LaserComb device with advanced technology is a luxury hair growth product that is not within everyone’s budget.
The product can be returned within the 5 months guarantee period but less a 20% restocking fee of the purchase price per terms and condition. This has received some “complaint”. Nonetheless, most customers welcome the 5 months guarantee period, while reckon to try HairMax Ultima lasercomb for 5 months at about USD $80 (i.e. 20% restocking fee of the purchase price of below $400) as worst case scenario may seem steep to some but “that is not even enough to receive one hair treatment in a doctor’s office”.
A few people with weak shoulders and arms faced difficulty to keep their arms up to hold the handheld Laser Ultima lasercomb throughout the 8-11 minutes per treatment, with example as shown below:
BlingBlingGranny commented: ” I have very weak shoulders and arms. I didn’t have the strength, or endurance to hold the brush up for the 11 minutes. I had hopes of finally getting some hair on top of my head. I feel it would work if I were able to do my part. It was not heavy, very light, just can’t keep my arms up.”
Differences of HairMax LaserCombs vs LaserBand?
Similar with the HairMax Laser Combs, the LaserBand is also based on the principle of low level laser therapy to promote hair growth, while the device’ patented teeth design is responsible for parting the hair during the treatment process to maximize the amount of the laser light reaching the hair follicles for more follicles to be stimulated.
The comparison table below summarizes the key difference among Ultima 12 LaserComb, HairMax LaserBand 82, and Advanced 7 LaserComb.
As shown, below are several key aspects that make the Hairmax Laserband different from the LaserComb products:
- Quantity of laser modules: The Hairmax LaserBand can cover much larger scalp area for faster results because it has 82 medical grade lasers, which is around 6 to 11 times more than the laser modules of Ultima 12 LaserComb and Advanced 7 LaserComb.
- Treatment Time is much shorter with Hairmax LaserBand which only requires 90 seconds, 3x per week. In comparison, HairMax lasercombs require 8 minutes to 15 minutes per treatment, 3x per week.
- Hands-Free vs HandHeld design is another key difference, in which you can just leave the HairMax LaserBand on your head during treatment, while users would need to hold the LaserCombs to comb slowly over scalp during treatment. So for those users who have very weak shoulders and arms and can’t keep their arms up for a prolong period continuously for a few months during the treatment process, then the hands-free LaserBand is a good alternate solution.
HairMax Ultima 12 and 9 Laser Comb Reviews: The Verdict
Both Hairmax Ultima 12 and Ultima 9 Laser Combs offer what the company promises, while Hairmax Ultima 12 has more laser modules for faster treatment time.
Possessing an unique combination of advanced laser technology and patented soft hair parting teeth, the HairMax LaserComb can help you:
- Stimulates hair growth
- Reverses the process of thinning
- Increases fullness and density, and
- Revitalizes damaged hair
While this product is not available for sale in stores and retailers like CVS, Walmart, Walgreens, eBay, and Boots UK –
It is available to buy online via HairMax Official Website, with 5 months money back guarantee.