Since published our comprehensive Spartagen XT reviews that can be read here, we received feedback from reader who asked:
“With the recommended dosage by manufacturer is to take 2 Spartagen capsules daily with 900mg actives per dose –
is there any alarming side effects from its ingredients at this serving size, based on reliable medical studies?”
This is a good question, that we’ve decided to investigate further and share the evidence-based findings in this deep dive review.
>> Check out Full Product Details of Spartagen XT
Spartagen XT Side Effects Review: Medical Studies
As shown, it comprises of:
- Proprietary Testosterone Activation Stack.
- Proprietary Sex Drive Amplification Matrix.
- Others: Vitamins, Magnesium, Zinc, Chrysin.
Let’s jump right in to examine their side effects.
(A) Spartagen Proprietary Testosterone Activation Stack: 290mg
This activation stack contains Tongkat Ali and Tribulus with a combined amount per saving of 290 mg without indicating the detailed breakdown, respectively.
Ingredient #1: Tongkat Ali Root Extract
Tongkat Ali, also known as Eurycoma longifolia or Malaysian ginseng, is a traditional medicine and therapeutic herb native to the Malaysian rain forests.
- Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition reported 32 men experienced 37% increase of testosterone level after taking 200 mg/day tongkat ali supplement for 4 weeks. 2 men in Tongkat Ali group felt fatigued during the first two weeks of study, with “no other adverse events or side effects reported”.
- Report published by the U.S. National Library of Medicine indicates there are no reported adverse side effects in human studies of Tongkat Ali supplementation, with a 2-month clinical trial on 20 healthy males found high doses of Tongkat Ali extract (600 mg/day) to have no influence on blood profiles (hemoglobin, RBC, WBC, etc.) or any deleterious effects on measures of liver or renal function.
- Additional reference: WebMD states “Eurycoma longifolia is POSSIBLY SAFE when taken by mouth in medicinal amounts for up to 9 months” (without side effect indicated).
- Summary: The clinical studies above support WebMD claims that Tongkat Ali is generally safe with no side effects reported, except for 2 men who felt fatigued during the first 2 weeks of study that cannot be confirmed as side effect directly caused by Tongkat Ali.
It is also observed that the clinical studies above used dosage of 200 mg/day and 600 mg/day respectively, indicating the Spartagen XT’ Tongkat Ali amount per serving of max 290mg (combined with Tribulus) that fall within the above dosage range is generally safe without side effects.
Watch the video below to learn more about Tongkat Ali, dubbed the “Asian Viagra”.
Ingredient #2: Tribulus Extract
Tribulus is a flowering plant that is generally found in the tropical regions of Southern Asia, Africa, Australia and Europe.
- Based on clinical study by Government Ayurveda Medical College and Hospital in India, 6g of tribulus twice daily (i.e. total 12g or 12,000mg daily) for 60 days in 63 persons with low sperm count appeared to improve erectile properties alongside 78.11% improvement in Quality of Sexual Health and Semen Analysis, with no adverse effect of the treatment was found.
- Physician and nutrition expert Ray Sahelian M.D advises says no tribulus side effects have been reported on dosages less than 300 mg. Adverse effects are possible – including feeling warmer and more energy, slightly faster heart beat, and restlessness – with these tribulus side effects are dose dependent and more common above dosage of 500 mg.
- Additional reference: WebMD states “Tribulus is POSSIBLY SAFE for most people when taken by mouth, they have been used safely in research studies lasting up to 8 weeks” (without side effect indicated).
- Summary: With Spartagen XT’ Tribulus amount per serving of max 290mg (combined with Tongkat Ali) daily, it is shown that this dosage is generally safe without side effects, as supported by the clinical studies above.
(B) Spartagen Proprietary Sex Drive Amplification Matrix: 440 mg
This activation stack contains Maca root, Asian Ginseng Extract, and Butea Superba Root Extract – with a combined amount per saving of 440 mg without indicating the detailed breakdown, respectively.
Ingredient #3: Maca root
Maca, also called Lepidium meyenii, is a vegetable belonging to the broccoli family. Maca root is known to contain a vital compound p-methoxybenzyl isothiocyanate that helps in boosting testosterone level in the human body, while balance hormones and increase fertility.
- A research was conducted by Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston on 20 remitted depressed outpatients, comparing a low-dose (1.5 g/day) to a high-dose (3.0 g/day) of Maca. Results show libido was significantly increased on one rating scale with the higher dose of Maca, and Maca was well tolerated.
- A 12-weeks study conducted by the Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia of Peru on 57 male patients shows supplementing 1.5g or 3g Maca improved sexual desire with no influence on steroid metabolism.
- Hindawi, Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine Journal, published research results that sperm concentration and motility of 20 volunteers aged 20–40 years showed 20% increase of sperm count after taken 1.75 g/day of Maca for 12 weeks, with no side effect was reported.
- Additional reference: WebMD states “Maca is POSSIBLY SAFE when taken by mouth in larger amounts as medicine (up to 3 grams daily) for up to 4 months. Maca seems to be well tolerated by most people”.
- Summary: With Spartagen XT’ Maca amount per serving of max 440 mg (combined with other ingredients) daily is well within the 1500 mg/day – 3000 mg/day dosage used in clinical studies above, so it is generally safe without side effects.
Certified nutrition specialist and expert in natural medicine, Dr. Josh Axe, elaborates more on the benefits of maca root in video below.
Ingredient #4: Butea Superba Root Extract
Butea Superba is a herb abundantly distributed in Thailand, and has been popular among Thai males for the purpose of rejuvenation and increasing sexual vigor.
- Clinical study conducted by Chulalongkorn University of Thailand shows erectile effects of 3 months supplementation of 500 mg Butea Superba root as assessed by the self-rating scale IIEF5, with 82.4% of the intervention group reporting benefit. This research concluded this plant preparation appears to improve the erectile function in ED patients without apparent toxicity, as evident that Haematology and blood chemistry analysis revealed no apparent change.
- Summary: While WebMD indicates there isn’t enough information on the possible side effects of this herb, Spartagen XT’ Butea Superba amount per serving of max 440 mg (combined with other ingredients) daily is within the 500 mg/day dosage used in clinical study reviewed above, that shows no apparent toxicity after 3 months.
Ingredient #5: Asian Ginseng Extract
Asian Ginseng belongs to the Araliaceae family, and is traditionally used to treat infertility and boost sexual performance in men.
- University of Maryland Medical Center reported a study of 46 men show those who took 900 mg of Korean ginseng 3 times per day (i.e. total 2700 mg daily) for 8 weeks had less trouble getting an erection than those who took placebo.
- A study on 143 patients with erectile dysfunction conducted by Kyung Hee University of Korea shows 1,000 mg of Asian ginseng twice a day (i.e. total 2000mg daily) found improvements on erection quality after 8 weeks of treatment, as assessed by the Korean version of the International Index of Erectile Function (IIEF) survey. No adverse impact was reported.
- British Journal of Pharmacology published results of clinical studies with Asian ginseng dosage in the range of 600 mg to 1000 mg daily, attesting its effectiveness in erectile dysfunction treatment to improve sexual performance.
Reports of adverse events with Asian ginseng in these studies were scarce and those that were reported were mild, with 6 cases of headache or insomnia, 4 cases of gastric upset and 2 cases of constipation were reported.
- Summary: Spartagen XT’ Asian ginseng amount per serving of max 440 mg (combined with other ingredients) daily is well within the 600 mg/day – 2700 mg/day dosage used in clinical studies above. Mild side effects are possible, such as headache, insomnia, gastric upset, and constipation.
Dr. Paul Haider, a Master Herbalist for over 30 years, gives a good overview on Asian Ginseng in video below, including their benefits to help erectile dysfunction and improve libido in men.
(C) Other Spartagen XT Ingredients: Vitamins and Minerals
According to the Dietary Supplement Ingredient Database established by the U.S. National Institutes of Health: “For some vitamins, an International Unit (IU) measures vitamin activity according to biological methods rather than by chemical analysis. The equivalency of one IU differs from substance to substance and is established for each substance by international agreement”.
As such, based on Unit Conversions Table:
- Vitamin D: 4000 IU = 4000 x 0.025 microgram (µg) = 100 µg = 0.1 mg
- Vitamin E as d-alpha-tocopherol (natural): 80 IU = 80 x 0.67 milligram (mg) = 53.6 mg
Ingredients #6: Vitamins D / E / B6
- The upper limit for Vitamin D set by the 2011 Food and Nutrition Board (FNB) is 4,000 IU per day – just as the Spartagen XT’s Vitamin D amount of serving. This is defined as the highest level of daily consumption that causes no side effects in humans when used indefinitely without medical supervision.
Indeed, while symptoms of toxicity are unlikely at daily intakes below 10,000 IU/day, most reports suggest a toxicity threshold for vitamin D of 10,000 to 40,000 IU/day.
- The upper limit for Vitamin E set by the Food and Nutrition Board is 1,500 IU (1,000 mg/day), so Spartagen XT’ Vitamin D amount per serving of 80 IU is generally safe without adverse health effects.
- The upper limit for Vitamin B6 set by the Food and Nutrition Board is 100 mg/day, while clinical trial in 5,442 women aged 42 or older found no effect of vitamin B6 (50 mg/day). As such, the significantly lower Spartagen XT’s Vitamin B6 daily serving of 12 mg is safe.
- Summary: All the Vitamins in Spartagen XT have amount per serving that are within or significantly lower than the upper limit set by the Food and Nutrition Board, so they are generally safe without bad side effects.
Ingredients #7: Minerals
- According to Oregon State University, the recommended magnesium intakes in the US is 400-420 mg/day for men and 310-320 mg/day for women, with WebMD reaffirms this claim. While the initial symptom of excess magnesium supplementation is diarrhea, this is not applicable to the significantly lower Magnesium amount of serving at 50 mg in Spartagen XT.
- Clinical trial conducted by Shiraz University of Medical Sciences in Iran show 100 male patients who received 250 mg/day of Zinc supplement for 6 weeks showed increase in serum level of testosterone, without adverse effects reported. The 30 mg daily of Zinc in Spartagen is well within the dosage used in this clinical study.
- Summary: The minerals in Spartagen XT have amount per serving that are well within and significantly lower than the recommended daily magnesium intakes by medical experts, and the dosage used in clinical studies with no adverse side effects were reported, so it is safe.
Ingredients #8: Chrysin
Chrysin is an unique bioflavanoid compound which is generally extracted from various types of plants and honey with anti-proliferative effects for cancer prevention and treatment, as indicated by the University of Rome in Italy.
According to WebMD, “Chrysin is POSSIBLY SAFE for most adults when taken by mouth for up to 8 weeks. No adverse effects have been reported.”
>> Learn more about Spartagen XT ingredients and How They Can Boost Your Performance
Spartagen Ingredients / Dosage / Side Effects Review Verdict
Spartagen XT is not steroids or drugs, as the proprietary formula of Spartagen XT contains 100% natural active ingredients with proven efficacy to boost men’s sexual performance.
Just like any supplement, it is important to follow the manufacturer’s instruction to avoid any adverse effects due to overdose.
As reviewed above, medical studies and clinical results show the recommended dosage of 2 Spartagen XT capsules daily is generally safe without significant health impacts. Side effects are rare but possible – such as mild headache, insomnia, gastric upset, and constipation.
>> Read comprehensive Spartagen XT reviews here to Learn More
>> Visit Spartagen XT Official Website for genuine product at Best Price to help you Regain Mojo Naturally with 60-days Money Back Guarantee