Do its ingredients really work to lower cholesterol without any side effects?
What are the differences of 3 CholestOff varieties, namely CholestOff Plus vs CholestOff Complete and CholestOff Original?
>> Check out Full Product Series of CholestOff
CholestOff by Nature Made: Ingredients Overview
CholestOff is a product of the Carlifonia based company, Pharmavite LLC. It is a nonprescriptive, dietary supplement intended to cut down high concentration levels of cholesterol in the blood.
So what are the CholestOff ingredients and how do they help cholesterol control?
- Plant Sterols and Stanols: These are the active ingredients in the product sourced naturally from pine trees. They prevent the body from absorbing cholesterol into the bloodstream and instead it is flushed out together with waste products. Therefore, it helps greatly lowering high cholesterol levels in the body with time, as illustrated in the video below.
- Cellulose: Acts as a soluble fiber in the intestines and therefore can help lower elevated cholesterol levels in the blood. It binds and removes excess cholesterol from the intestines and eventually flash them out of the body.
According to the University of Michigan and associate professor Jennifer B. Dressman, 3 studies show the efficacy of cellulose derivative in lowering cholesterol is comparable to most prescription drugs, with the advantage that cellulose does not incur side effects commonly caused by these drugs.
- Calcium Carbonate: It has beneficial effects on bad blood cholesterol. It lowers the levels of low density lipoproteins that are associated with heart problems such as arteriosclerosis.
- Dibasic Calcium Phosphate: This has the ability to bind onto the bile acids that carry cholesterol in the gastrointestinal tract and flush them out of the body in form of wastes. Hence, over time the bad cholesterol levels in the blood are lowered.
Research by Friedrich Schiller University Jena of Germany a combination of calcium phosphate and probiotics help to reduce cholesterol, as shown below.
- Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose: this is a soluble fiber that may help lower the concentrations of bad cholesterol in the body.it is also used as an emulsifier in liquids.
- Silicon dioxide: Also known as Silica. It inhibits cholesterol from being deposited in the arteries leading to clogging. It may also help lower bad cholesterol levels. It is an anticaking agent as it absorbs excess moisture and prevents ingredients making up the supplement from sticking together when it is exposed to moisture.
Nutrition professional Joy McCarthy shares more health benefits of Silica in video below.
- Polyethylene glycol: it’s a laxative that works by retaining water in the stool aiding in smooth and frequent bowel movement. Regular bowel movements are one of the ways the body gets rid of excess cholesterol present in the blood stream.
- Pantethine: Help lower tryglyceride and bad cholesterol levels. Effective in balancing cholesterol levels in your body and hence boosting good cholesterol levels in the blood. This is an ingredient contained in CholestOff Complete.
How Does CholestOff Work To Control Cholesterol Level?
Cholesterol is an essential fat like substance found in the body cells. The body makes cholesterol for itself although it can also be obtained from foods such as eggs and meat. At normal level, cholesterol is good for the body in terms of digestion and generating Vitamin D. It only becomes a threat for your health if its concentrations in the blood are high.
To avoid health problems associated with high cholesterol, CholestOff advises its users to make changes to their lifestyle including having a healthy proper diet, exercising regularly and to quit such habits as smoking and excessive consumption of alcohol which may lead to high levels of cholesterol in the body. This will help achieve in intention of keeping cholesterol levels at bay.
You may also consider cholesterol lowering supplements such as CholestOff. Its functionality can be supported by the use of plant sterols in the product as the main ingredient. Research done has proven plant sterols are effective in lowering blood cholesterol levels.
Studies show sterols/stanols have a remarkable effect on reduction of low density lipoprotein cholesterol and ultimately maintaining cholesterol balance in your body in check.
The effectiveness of CholestOff supplementation in lowering cholesterol levels in the blood stream is supported by positive reviews of those who have used the supplement. According to most of the people, the product has worked for them and decreased their cholesterol levels. The three CholestOff options serve the same purpose with the difference being some ingredients added to each.
>> Check Out What Actual Users Say about CholestOff and How It Helps
Possible Side Effects of CholestOff Plus / Original / Complete
CholestOff ingredients are natural and generally safe, with side effects are rare but possible, especially if overdose. For examples:
- Plant Sterols/Stanols: Potential side effects are diarrhea and heartburn.
- Cellulose gel: There are no side effects associated with cellulose gel, however when taken in large amounts, it may cause digestive discomforts.
- Calcium carbonate: Constipation, nausea and diarrhea.
- Dibasic Calcium Phosphate: High levels of dibasic calcium phosphate can bring about several side effects such as constipation, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain and loss of appetite.
- Polyethylene glycol: Potential side effects of Polyethylene glycol are diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea and increased sweating.
- Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose: It may cause stomach bloating in some users although the associated benefits will be more than expected.
- Pantethine: There are very few cases of side effects associated with using pantethine, however when taken in large doses, it can cause diarrhea.
>> Check Out Experience Sharing by Actual Users After Taking CholestOff
As such, just like any supplement, it is important to follow the manufacturer’s instruction to avoid any adverse effects due to overdose.
Recommended Dosage and User Directions
For CholestOff Plus/Original, two softgels/caplets should be taken twice daily with water or a desired beverage to achieve significant results.
The recommended dosage for CholestOff Complete is three softgels twice daily with your two largest meals.
Pregnant women and anyone on Satin drugs are not advised to take the supplement since it may pose a threat to the inborn baby. It is also not for use by children and lactating women.
It is important to check with your health professional before taking the supplement to avoid any complications that may arise along the way.
Compare CholestOff Plus vs CholestOff Original / Complete
All the three brands of the CholestOff product have the same function, to reduce high cholesterol concentrations in the blood stream. Their key differences are as below:
1. Caplets vs Liquid Softgels
The Cholestoff Original formula is in caplets while the other two, Cholestoff Plus and Cholestoff Complete is in the form of liquid softgels.
2. Ingredients / Contents
- CholestOff Original contains a proprietary blend of non-esterifed plant sterols and stanols.
- CholestOff Plus is made with esterified sterols and stanols (Reducol) instead of free form sterols and stanols used in CholestOff Original.
- CholestOff Complete contains the proprietary blend of esterified plant sterols and stanols just as CholestOff Plus, along with a derivative of Vitamin B5 called Pantethine.
Cholestoff Reviews: The Verdict
CholestOff contains ingredients that are clinically proven to reduce cholesterol levels and enhance cardiovascular health in general. The company has the backing of studies done on plant sterols/stanols that indicate their effectiveness in lowering bad cholesterol levels in the blood.
There is no existing literature, study or evidence to support Cholestoff products actually help in weight loss. It is therefore wise to use supplements that are much more effective for weight loss.
Also take into consideration that dietary supplements sole purpose is not to treat or prevent any disease or health problem. For those with high cholesterol, it is best to consult with your doctor for affirmation of safety and avoid side effects interactions before using Cholestoff.